Within the area there are two types of extra virgin olive oil, covered by the rules of the Montes de Granada Source Title:
* intense fruitiness, with aromas reminiscent of fresh green olives, slightly bitter and green colors.
* soft fruit: with more subdued aromas, sweet flavor and yellowish green color.
Both types are enriched with the characteristics of major and minor varieties present in the region:
* Picual or Martene: main variety which accounts for 80% of olive production. The predominant attitude agronomic and is tolerant of cold winters.
* Lucio and Loaime: main varieties native of Granada who represent 15% of production, the two are very resistant to drought and winter frost.
* Bold Iznalloz, Escarabajuelo, Granada and Hojiblanca Gordal: Varieties secondary representing 5% of production.
The "back label" act as an identifier of oil covered by the PDO Montes de Granada, with the burgundy color corresponding to the "Fruity Intense" and apply the green English to "Soft fruits. "
The olive tree is collected directly or by shaking, mechanical vibration or by combining the two methods.
The olives are taken to the mills on the same day of collection to remove the oil by modern centrifuge methods.
The Control Board certifies the quality of extra virgin olive oil. To this end they begin tracking the product in the same plot where the olive trees and continues to packaging of the oil. Also responsible for the promotion and protection of the name "West of Granada. "
There are no products to list in this category.
There are currently no product reviews
* Free Shipping in Spain and Portugal (peninsula only) on orders over 50 EUR and on all products tagged with the image